IIHS Bangalore City Campus Library, No 197/36, 2nd Main, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore - 560080, Karnataka
+91 80-67606666 Exn. 661 | Fax +91 80-23616814 | email@example.com
Geographies of resistance / edited by Steve Pile and Michael Keith.
Contributor(s): Pile, Steve [editor. ] | Keith, Michael [editor. ].Material type: BookPublisher: London : Routledge, 1997Description: xiv, 315 p. : maps ; 24 cm.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 9780415154970 (pbk.).Subject(s): Government, Resistance to | Dissenters | Political culture | Human geography | Spatial behaviourDDC classification: 304.2 GEO Online resources: Table of contents
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book||Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bangalore||304.2 GEO 001032 (Browse shelf)||Available||001032|
Includes bibliographical references (p. -307) and index.
1. Introduction: Opposition, political identities and spaces of resistance / Steve Pile
2. Black Gold, White Heat: State violence, local resistance and the national question in Nigeria / Michael Watts
3. A Spatiality of Resistances: Theory and practice in Nepal's Revolution of 1990 / Paul Routledge
4. Remapping Resistance: 'Ground for struggle' and the politics of place / Donald S. Moore
5. Dancing on the Bar: Sex, money and the uneasy politics of third space / Lisa Law
6. The Still Point: Resistance, expressive embodiment and dance / Nigel Thrift
7. Radical Politics Out of Place?: The curious case of ACT UP Vancouver / Michael Brown
8. Rings, Circles and Perverted Justice: Gay judges and moral panic in contemporary Scotland / Lawrence Knopp
9. Performing Inoperative Community: The space and the resistance of some community arts projects / Gillian Rose
10. Resisting Reconciliation: The secret geographies of (post)colonial Australia / Jane M. Jacobs.
11. Identity, Authenticity and Memory in Place-Time / Michael Dear
12. Local Cultures and Urban Protests / Shlomo Hasson
13. Spatial Politics/Social Movements: Questions of (b)orders and resistance in global times / David Slater
14. Conclusion: A changing space and a time for change / Michael Keith.