IIHS Bangalore City Campus Library, No 197/36, 2nd Main, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore - 560080, Karnataka
+91 80-67606666 Exn. 661 | Fax +91 80-23616814 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The media teacher's handbook / edited by Elaine Scarratt and Jon Davison.
Contributor(s): Scarratt, Elaine | Davison, Jon.Material type: BookPublisher: Abingdon, Oxon ; New York : Routledge, 2012Description: xii, 259 pages ; 25 cm.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 9780415499941 (pbk.); 0415499941 (pbk.); 9780415499934 (hbk.); 0415499933 (hbk.); 9780203222218 (ebk.); 0203222210 (ebk.).Subject(s): Mass media (Study and teaching) -- United States | Education, Higher -- United States | Educational technology | Digital mediaDDC classification: 302.230711 MED Online resources: Table of contents
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book||Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bangalore||302.230711 MED 008616 (Browse shelf)||Available||008616|
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Section 1. Contexts --
1. Media education :politics and policy / Elaine Scarratt and Jon Davison --
2. What is media education? / Elaine Scarratt --
3. Internet, computer games and media learning / Adam Ranson --
4. Global and local in media education / Roy Stafford --
Section 2. Curricurum --
5. Media education and English in Key stage 3 and Key stage 4 / Jenny Grahame --
6. Media studies GCSE (1) : posibilities and practice / Elaine Homer and Elaine Scarratt --
7. Media studies GCSE (2) : Schemes of work / Elaine Scarratt --
8. Media studies a level : an introduction / Elaine Scarratt --
9. Creative and media diploma / Jon Wardle and Emma Walters --
10. Media and citizenship / Elaine Scarratt and Jon Davison --
11. Practical media production / Rob Mcinnes --
Section 3. Career development --
12. Setting up, resourcing and managing a media department / Christine Bell --
13. The profession, progression and development of media teachers / Rate Domaille.
This is a guide for all teachers delivering media studies and media education in school and college. Illustrated with case studies, it is detailed throughout with information about key further reading, where to find and how to choose the best resources for teaching, and links to websites that support your delivery of media topics.