IIHS Bangalore City Campus Library, No 197/36, 2nd Main, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore - 560080, Karnataka
+91 80-67606666 Exn. 661 | Fax +91 80-23616814 | email@example.com
Development : critical essays in human geography / edited by Stuart Corbridge.
Contributor(s): Corbridge, Stuart [editor.].Material type: BookSeries: Contemporary foundations of space and place.Publisher: Hampshire; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2008Description: xxvii, 557 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 9780754626817 (hbk. : alk. paper).Subject(s): Human geography | Economic development -- Social aspects | Culture and globalization | Geographical perception | Globalisierung | AnthropogeographieDDC classification: 304.2 DEV Online resources: Table of conntents
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book||Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bangalore||304.2 DEV 007714 (Browse shelf)||Available||007714|
Includes bibliographical references (pages 539-556) and index.
pt. I. From Colonial Geography to Radical Development Geography --
1. The Degeneration of Tropical Geography / Marcus Power and James D. Sidaway --
2. Three Approaches to the Mapping of Economic Development in India / Joseph E. Schwartzberg --
3. Manufacturing and the Geography of Development in Tropical Africa / Akin L. Mabogunje --
4. 'Geography and Underdevelopment- Part I' and 'Geography and Underdevelopment --
Part II' / David Slater --
5. The White North and the Population Explosion / Keith Buchanan --
pt. II. Gender and Households --
6. Single-Parent Families: Choice or Constraint? The Formation of Female-Headed Households in Mexican Shanty Towns / Sylvia Chant.
Brings together twenty-five of the influential articles published in the field of development geography since 1960. This volume looks at the origins of development geography and the debates between modernization theorists and radicals that took shape in the 1970s.