IIHS Bangalore City Campus Library, No 197/36, 2nd Main, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore - 560080, Karnataka
+91 80-67606666 Exn. 661 | Fax +91 80-23616814 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Narratives from the margins : aspects of adivasi history in India / edited by Sanjukta Das Gupta and Raj Sekhar Basu.
Contributor(s): Das Gupta, Sanjukta | Basu, Raj Sekhar.Material type: BookPublisher: New Delhi : Primus Books, 2012Description: xiii, 298 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.ISBN: 9789380607108 (hbk.) .Subject(s): Adivasis -- India -- HistoryDDC classification: 305.800954 NAR Online resources: Table of contents
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book||Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bangalore||305.800954 NAR 007368 (Browse shelf)||Available||007368|
Includes bibliographical references (p. 275-289) and index.
2. Tulsidas and the conversion of the tribals
3. Towards an understanding of the tribal world of colonial Eastern India
4. Evangelical or imperial?
5. The Bhil and the Rajput kingdoms of Southern Rajasthan
6. Colonial rule and Agrarian transition in Singhbhum
7. Kidnapping in Chotanagpur
8. Adivasi movements and beyond
9. Adivasi politics and state responses
10. Beyond resistance : idioms and memories of insurgency in the Adivasi movement in Jharkhand.
Papers presented at the Conference on Communities and the Nation : Dalits and Adivasis in Colonial and Postcolonial India, held at Calcutta in March 2006.