IIHS Bangalore City Campus Library, No 197/36, 2nd Main, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore - 560080, Karnataka
+91 80-67606666 Exn. 661 | Fax +91 80-23616814 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Globalization, export-oriented employment, and social policy : gendered connections / edited by Shahra Razavi, Ruth Pearson, and Caroline Danloy.
Contributor(s): Razavi, Shahra | Pearson, Ruth | Danloy, Caroline.Material type: BookPublisher: Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2004Description: ix, 242 p. ; ill. ; 22 cm.ISBN: 9781403934857 (hbk.) ; 1403934851 (hbk.).Subject(s): Women -- Employment -- Case studies | Foreign trade and employment -- Case studies | Globalization -- Economic aspects -- Case studies | Globalization -- Social aspects -- Case studiesDDC classification: 331.4 GLO Online resources: Table of contents
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book||Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bangalore||Devaki Jain Collection||331.4 GLO 004989 (Browse shelf)||Available||004989|
Browsing Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bangalore Shelves , Collection code: Devaki Jain Collection Close shelf browser
|No cover image available||No cover image available||No cover image available||No cover image available|
|331.230954 KAV 005070 An information booklet on : minimum wages /||331.25670954 GUP 005382 Invisible labour : social security for home-based workers of the garment, agarbatti and papad industries /||331.2592091724 TRA 005018 Training for work in the informal sector /||331.4 GLO 004989 Globalization, export-oriented employment, and social policy : gendered connections /||331.4091724 DIX 005837 Assessing women's economic contributions to development /||331.40954 DAT 005860 Status of women's employment : revaluation of employment guarantee scheme, Maharashtra its impact on women workers /||331.40954 GOP 004996 Women and employment in India /|
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1. Globalization, export-oriented employment and social policy : gendered connections / Shahra Razavi and Ruth Pearson
2. Korea's miracle and crisis : what was in it for women? / Hyoung Cho, Ann Zammit, Jinjoo Chung and Insoon Kang
3. The impact of export-oriented manufacturing on the welfare entitlements of Chinese women workers / Delia Davin
4. Globalization, export-oriented employment for women and social policy : a case study of India / Jayati Ghosh
5. Gendering the debate on the welfare state in Mexico : women's employment and welfare entitlements in the globalized economy / Viviane Brachet-Marquez and Orlandina de Oliveira
6. Globalization, export-oriented employment and social policy : the case of Mauritius / Sheila Bunwaree
7. Reworking apartheid legacies : global competition, gender and social wages in South Africa, 1980-2000 / Gillian Hart.
"Until recently the debate on global factories and export production has remained focused on women's individual experience of export employment - and the extent to which this represents a positive opportunity or gross exploitation. In spite of the extended discussion of rights and citizenship in the global economy, little attention has hitherto been paid to the implications for women's entitlements arising out of their pivotal role in export sectors. Whilst many assume that women's visible and crucial presence in key economic sectors will be reflected in the ways in which social policies are formulated, there has been up to now little empirical and analytical engagement with this question. This volume, bringing together detailed commissioned studies from six developing countries, aims to fill this gap."--BOOK JACKET.