IIHS Bangalore City Campus Library, No 197/36, 2nd Main, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore - 560080, Karnataka
+91 80-67606666 Exn. 661 | Fax +91 80-23616814 | email@example.com
Spatial inequality and development : a study prepared by the World Institute for Development Economics ; research of the United Nations University (UNU-WIDER) / edited by Ravi Kanbur and Anthony J. Venables.
Contributor(s): Kanbur, S. M. Ravi | Venables, Anthony J | World Institute for Development Economics Research.Material type: BookPublisher: Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2005Description: xx, 412 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.ISBN: 9780199278633 (hbk.) ; 0199278636 (hbk.).Subject(s): Regional economic disparities -- Case studies | Income distribution -- Case studies | Equality -- Case studiesDDC classification: 338.9 SPA Online resources: Table of contents
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book||Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bangalore||Devaki Jain Collection||338.9 SPA 005435 (Browse shelf)||Available||005435|
"A study prepared by the World Institute for Development EconomicsResearch of the United Nations University (UNU/WIDER)."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1. Spatial inequality and development / Ravi Kanbur and Anthony J. Venables
II. Measurement of Spatial Inequality
2. Regional output differences in international perspective / Bettina Aten and Alan Heston
3. Are neighbours equal? Estimating local inequality in three developing countries / Chris Elbers, Peter Lanjouw, Johan Mistiaen, Berk Ozler, and Kenneth R. Simler
4. Opening the convergence black box: measurement problems and demographic aspects / Carlos Azzoni, Naercio Menezes-Filho and Tatiane Menezes
III. Location, Externalities, and Unequal Development
5. Adverse geography and differences in welfare in Peru / Javier Escobal and Maximo Torero
6. Market size, linkages, and productivity: a study of Japanese regions / Donald R. Davis and David E. Weinstein
7. Externalities in rural development: evidence for China / Martin Ravallion
V. Growth and Poverty Reduction: the Regional Linkage
8. How responsive is poverty to growth? A regional analysis of poverty, inequality, and growth in Indonesia, 1984-99 / Jed Friedman
9. Reforms, remoteness, and risk in Africa: understanding inequality and poverty during the 1990s / Luc Christiaensen, Lionel Demery and Stefano Paternostro
VI. Trade, Wages, and Regional Inequality
10. Economic polarization through trade: trade liberalization and regional growth in Mexico / Andres Rodriguez-Pose and Javier Sanchez-Reaza
11. International trade, location, and wage inequality in China / Songhua Lin
12. Spatial inequality for manufacturing wages in five African countries / Dirk Willem te Velde and Oliver Morrissey
VII. Spatial Inequality During Transition
13. Regional poverty and income inequality in Central and Eastern Europe: evidence from the Luxembourg Income Study / Michael Forster, David Jesuit and Timothy Smeeding
14. Quo Vadis? Inequality and poverty dynamics across Russian regions / Ruslan Yemtsov.
"This is an introduction to spatial and regional inequality. Drawing on data from 25 countries from around the world, it examines the questions: What exactly is spatial inequality? Why does it matter? And what should be the policy response to it?"--Provided by publisher.