IIHS Bangalore City Campus Library, No 197/36, 2nd Main, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore - 560080, Karnataka
+91 80-67606666 Exn. 661 | Fax +91 80-23616814 | email@example.com
Urban crisis : culture and the sustainability of cities / edited by M. Nadarajah and Ann Tomoko Yamamoto.
Contributor(s): Nadarajah, M | Yamamoto, Ann Tomoko | Institute of Advanced Studies | Ishikawa International Cooperation Research Centre.Material type: BookPublisher: New Delhi : Rawat Publications, 2007Edition: 1st ed.Description: xv, 244 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.ISBN: 9788131601648 (hbk.); 8131601641 (hbk.) .Subject(s): Urban ecology (Sociology) -- Case studies | Urbanization -- Environmental aspects -- Case studies | Sociology, UrbanDDC classification: 307.76 URB Online resources: Table of contents
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book||Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bangalore||307.76 URB 005776 (Browse shelf)||Available||005776|
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Pt. I. Culture in sustainability of cities I
1. Introduction / M. Nadarajah and Ann Tomoko Yamamoto
2. Cultural frameworks / Ratna S. J. B. Rana and Awais L. Piracha
3. Voices I
Pt. II. Four Asian case studies
4. Introduction / Sudarshan Raj Tiwari, M. Nadarajah, Sang-Chuel Choe, Masayuki Sasaki and Shigekazu Kusune
5. Transforming cultural heritage into sustainable future : a case study of Patan, Nepal / Sudarshan Raj Tiwari
6. Culture of sustainability : multicultural reality and sustainable localism - a case study of Penang (George Town), Malaysia / M. Nadarajah
7. Creating cultural identity for sustainability : a case study of Cheongju, Korea / Sang-Chuel Choe
8. Towards an urban cultural mode of production : a case study of Kanazawa, Japan, I / Masayuki Sasaki
9. Sustainability in a traditional castle city : a case study of Kanazawa, Japan, II 1 / Shigekazu Kusune
10. Common themes and differences : approaches to culture in sustainability of cities / M. Nadarajah
Pt. III. Culture in sustainability of cities II
11. Approaches to cultural indicators / Sang-Chuel Choe, Peter J. Marcotullio and Awais L. Piracha
12. Voices II
13. Conclusion / M. Nadarajah
App. List of selected organizations working on sustainable urbanization issues (with a web presence).
Offers fresh insights into the role of culture in fostering community development, environmental awareness, and balanced economic growth. This work includes useful case studies of Patan, Nepal; Penang, Malaysia; Cheongju, South Korea; and Kanazawa, Japan.