IIHS Bangalore City Campus Library, No 197/36, 2nd Main, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore - 560080, Karnataka
+91 80-67606666 Exn. 661 | Fax +91 80-23616814 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Sustainable urban planning / Joy Sen.
By: Sen, Joy.Material type: BookPublisher: New Delhi : TERI Press, 2013Description: xxvii, 315 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.ISBN: 9788179933244 (alk. paper).Subject(s): Urban ecology (Sociology) | City planning -- Environmental aspects | Sustainable development -- IndiaDDC classification: 307.76 SEN Online resources: Table of contents
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book||Indian Institute for Human Settlements, New Delhi||307.76 SEN 002315 (Browse shelf)||Available||002315|
Section 1: Initiating a Framework
• Sustainable development in Indian Urban and Metropolitan Contexts: Constituent Dimensions
Section 2: Dimensions of the Framework
• Assessment of Livability Variations in the Indian Context
• Impact of Affordability Thresholds on Indian Urban and Regional Planning Context
• Applicability of Inequality Variations in Understanding Indian Urban and Regional Agglomerations
Section 3: Proposing the Framework
• Towards a Framework of Sustainable Development in the Indian Context
"Developing an approach for sustainable planning framework in the Indian context is extremely complex due to the diversity in the urban and metropolitan regions in the country. Sustainable Urban Planning attempts to clarify the planning process and sets a broad framework of urban planning in the country. The book focuses on the planning reality of fundamental dimensions of sustainability and explains a work framework of the dynamics of sustainable planning in India."--BOOK JACKET.