IIHS Bangalore City Campus Library, No 197/36, 2nd Main, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore - 560080, Karnataka
+91 80-67606666 Exn. 661 | Fax +91 80-23616814 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Re-imagining sociology in India : feminist perspectives / edited by Gita Chadha and M.T. Joseph.
Contributor(s): Chadha, Gita [(editor.) ] | Joseph, M.T [(editor.)].Material type: BookPublisher: London : Routledge, 2018Description: xii, 348 pages ; 23 cm.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 9781138363656 (hbk.).Subject(s): Women sociologists -- India | Sociology -- IndiaDDC classification: 301.0820954 REI
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book||Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bangalore||301.0820954 REI 013168 (Browse shelf)||Available||013168|
Browsing Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bangalore Shelves Close shelf browser
|301.0723 HUM 004428 Human well-being : concept and measurement /||301.0723 SME 002918 Comparative methods in the social sciences /||301.08 SIM 001016 Georg Simmel on individuality and social forms : selected writings /||301.0820954 REI 013168 Re-imagining sociology in India : feminist perspectives /||301.09 CUF 003053 Perspectives in sociology /||301.092 BUT 009947 Henri Lefebvre : spatial politics, everyday life and the right to the city /||301.092 GUH 000248 Savaging the civilized : Verrier Elwin, his tribals, and India /|
A Routledge India original.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Part I Reading and writing early women in sociology
1. Early Women Sociologists In India / Kamala Ganesh
2. Reclaiming Neera Desai's sociological legacy: women's movements, struggles and organizations / Veena Poonacha
3. The sociology of C. Parvathamma: going beyond stereotypes / R. Indira
4. Ratna Naidu: an intellectual biography / Kushal Deb
pt. II Pedagogies and mentoring: living processes
5. Sociology, feminism and mentoring: contested sites of knowledge production and consumption / Anurekha Chari Wagh
6. Transforming the sociology classroom: implementing a critical feminist pedagogy / Leena Pujari
7. Finding feminism(s): through life in general and academics in particular / Rhea D'Silva
pt. III Substantive transformations: erasures, intersections, insertions
8. Interrogating (non)consent in sexual intimacies and infringements: mapping the socio-legal landscape in India / Rukmini Sen
Contents note continued: 9. Desire, violence and `pink money': life of kothis in a small city of western India / Pushpesh Kumar
10. Organizing rule through an imagiary of the `masculine': a case of the `martial' Marathas / Vishal G. Jadhav
11. Interrogating the sociology of environment in western India: a gendered understanding / Manisha Rao
12. Gender, mental illness and the everyday: understanding the interface of psychiatry with the lives of women diagnosed as mentally ill / Bindhulakshmi Pattadath
13. Narratives in feminist sociology of science: contextualizing the experience(s) of women scientists in India / Renny Thomas.