IIHS Bangalore City Campus Library, No 197/36, 2nd Main, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore - 560080, Karnataka
+91 80-67606666 Exn. 661 | Fax +91 80-23616814 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Contested space : street trading, public space, and livelihoods in developing cities / edited by Alison Brown.
Contributor(s): Brown, Alison (Alison Margaret Braithwaite) [editor.].Material type: BookSeries: Urban management series. Producer: Rugby, UK : ITDG Publishing, c2006Description: xxiv, 242 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 1853396303 ($32.00); 9781853396304 (paperback.).Subject(s): Urban policy -- Developing countries | City planning -- Developing countries | Street vendors -- Developing countries | Informal sector (Economics) -- Developing countries | Poor -- Employment -- Developing countriesDDC classification:
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book||Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bangalore||307.1216091724 CON 012422 (Browse shelf)||Available||012422|
Includes bibliographical references (pages 215-235) and index.
1. Challenging street livelihoods / Alison Brown
2. Urban public space in the developing world - a resource for the poor / Alison Brown
3. Informal enterprise and street trading : a civil society and urban management perspective / Nicola Pratt
4. Setting the context : social, economic and political influences on the informal sector in Ghana, Lesotho, Nepal and Tanzania / Alison Brown
5. An enabling framework? : governance and street trading in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania / Tumsifu Nnkya
6. Fulcrum of the urban economy : governance and street livelihoods in Kumasi, Ghana / Rudith King
7. Poverty reduction strategies in Ghana / Romanus D. Dinye
8. Contest and conflict : governance and street livelihoods in Maseru, Lesotho / Setsabi Setsabi
9. The new urban economy : governance and street livelihoods in the Kathmandu Valley, Nepal / Sudha Shrestha
10. Street trading in four cities : a comparison / Alison Brown
11. Enabling the street economy / Alison Brown and Carole Rakodi.
"This is essential reading for all those interested in innovative city governance, for planners, NGOs, students, academics, and practitioners in Development Studies and Urban Development."