IIHS Bangalore City Campus Library, No 197/36, 2nd Main, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore - 560080, Karnataka
+91 80-67606666 Exn. 661 | Fax +91 80-23616814 | email@example.com
The Palgrave handbook of sustainability : case studies and practical solutions. / Robert Brinkmann, Sandra J. Garren, editors.
Contributor(s): Brinkmann, Robert [(editor.)] | Garren, Sandra J [(editor.) ].Material type: BookPublisher: New York, NY : Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2018Description: xliv, 871 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 9783319713885 (hardback) .Subject(s): Sustainability -- Case studiesDDC classification: 658.4083 PAL
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book||Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bangalore||658.4083 PAL 009635 (Browse shelf)||Available||009635|
Browsing Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bangalore Shelves Close shelf browser
|658.4083 DUC 010630 A six sigma approach to sustainability : continual improvement for social responsibility /||658.4083 HAW 002383 The ecology of commerce : a declaration of sustainability /||658.4083 HUT 002531 The nature of business : redesign and resilience /||658.4083 PAL 009635 The Palgrave handbook of sustainability : case studies and practical solutions. /||658.409 HAR 001110 Harvard business review on becoming a high performance manager||658.409 HAR 001122 Harvard business review on managing yourself.||658.409 STU 011000 Management as consultancy : neo-bureaucracy and the consultant manager /|
Includes bibliographical references.
1. Sustainability Definitions, Historical Context and Frameworks; Sandra Garren and Robert Brinkmann
Section 1: Environment
2. Sustainability and Natural Landscape Stewardship: A United States Conservation Case Study; Johanna Kavorik
3. Policy Design for Sustainability at Multiple Scales: The Case of Transboundary Haze Pollution in Southeast Asia; Ishani Mukherjee 4. Sustainable Water Resources Management: Groundwater Depletion; Brian F. Thomas and Aimee C. Gibbons
5. America’s Path to Drinking Water Infrastructure Inequality and Environmental Injustice: The Case of Flint, Michigan; Adrienne L. Katner et al.
6. Sustainable Renewable Energy: The Case of Burlington, Vermont; Sandra Garren
7. Greenhouse Gas Management: A Case Study of a Typical American City; Rachel M. Krause and J.C. Martel
8. Air Pollution and Greenhouse Gas Emissions in China: An Unsustainable Situation in Search of a Solution; Haakon Vennemo and Kristin Aunan
9. Waste Management Outlook for the Middle East; Salman Zafar
10. The Sustainability of Vicuña Conservation in Bolivia; Melissa Grigione et al.
11. The Efficacy of Small Closures: A Tale of Two Marine Protected Areas in Canada; Ryan Stanley et al.
Section 2: Equity
12. Urban Social Sustainability: The Case Study of Nottingham, United Kingdom; Jenni Cauvain
13. Methods for Integrated Sustainability Assessment: The Case of Small Holder Farming in Karnataka, South India; Sheetal Patil and Seema Purushothaman
14. Japanese Women and Antinuclear Activism After the Fukushima Accident; Heidi Hutner
15. Emerging Social Movements for Sustainability: Understanding and Scaling Up Upcycling in the United Kingdom; Kyungeun Sung, Tim Cooper, and Sarah Kettley
16. Urban Vulnerability of Waste Workers in Nigerian Cities: The Case of Aba, Nigeria; Thaddeus Chidi Nzeadibe and Friday Uchenna Ochege
17. Designing Personal Sustainability into Organizational Culture: The Case of Burning Man; Morgan C. Benton and Nicole Radziwill
18. Political Leadership and Sustainability in Africa: Margaret Kenyatta; Jo-Ansie van Wyk
19. Environmental Law; Yumiko Nakanishi
20. Brownfields Redevelopment: Recycling the Urban Environment; Elizabeth Strom
21. Methodology for Selection of Sustainability Criteria: A Case Study of Social Housing in Peru; Daniel R. Rondinel Oviedo and Christopher Scheier Barreto
22. Small-Scale, Sustainable Agriculture in Broward, Florida; Thelma I. Velez
Section 3: Economy
23. Economic Development and Sustainability: A Case Study from Long Island, New York; Robert Brinkmann
24. Sustainable Business; Deborah Gallagher
25. Contributing to Competitiveness in Retailing by Engaging in Sustainability: The Case of Migros; Thomas Rudolph et al.
26. Environmental Purchasing in the City of Phoenix; Nicole Darnall et al.
27. The Dual Promise of Green Jobs: Sustainability and Economic Equity; Ellen Scully-Russ
28. Is Ecotourism Sustainable? A Case Study from Sri Lanka; Rathnayake Mudiyanselage Wasantha Rathnayake
29. Green Building and Sustainability: Diffusing Green Building Approaches in the United Kingdom and Germany; Kirstie O’Neill and David Gibbs
30. Green Universities: The Example of Western Kentucky University; Leslie North and Christian N. Ryan
31. Events, Festivals and Sustainability: The Woodford Folk Festival, Australia; Kirsten Holmes and Judith Mair
32. We’d Like Our Clothes Back Please! Partnering with Consumers to Achieve Sustainability Goals; Diane M. Phillips and Jason Keith Phillips
33. Green IT: Hofstra University’s Information Technology Upgrades Created Unplanned Sustainable Green Benefits by Increasing Efficiency and Reducing Costs; Margaret Linehan and Catherine Fisher
Section 4: Regional and Local Examples
34. Sustainability in North America: The Canadian Experience; Mark Roseland and Maria Spiliotopoulou
35. African Sustainability and Global Governance; Timothy M. Shaw
36. Urban Sustainability in India; Shrimoyee Bhattacharya
37. Sustainability in Africa: The Service Delivery Issues of Zimbabwe; Innocent Chirisa, Liaison Mukarwi, and Abraham Matamanda
38. Sustainable Transportation in Mexico; Nora Munguia and Luis Velazquez
39. Sustainability in Small States: Luxembourg as a Post-Suburban Space Under Growth Pressure in Need of a Cross-National Sustainability; Constance Carr
40. Florida’s Growth Management Experience: From Top-down Direction to Laissez Faire Land-use; Aaron Deslatte
41. Planning for City Sustainability: Greenworks Orlando Case Study; Christopher V. Hawkins
42. ZukunftGestalten@MUAS: Designing the Future at Munich University of Applied Science (MUAS); Sascha Zinn and Ralf Isenmann
43. Sustainable Transportation Planning in the BosWash Corridor; Michelle R. Oswald Beiler.
"This book provides a comprehensive overview of the practice of sustainability through a diverse range of case studies spanning across varied fields and areas of expertise. It provides a clear indication as to the contemporary state of sustainability in a time faced by issues such as global climate change, challenges of environmental justice, economic globalization and environmental contamination. The Palgrave Handbook of Sustainability explores three broad themes: Environmental Sustainability, Social Sustainability and Economic Sustainability. The authors critically explore these themes and provide insight into their linkages with one another to demonstrate the substantial efforts currently underway to address the sustainability of our planet. This handbook is an important contribution to the best practises on sustainability, drawn from many different examples across the fields of engineering, geology, anthropology, sociology, biology, chemistry and religion."--