IIHS Bangalore City Campus Library, No 197/36, 2nd Main, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore - 560080, Karnataka
+91 80-67606666 Exn. 661 | Fax +91 80-23616814 | email@example.com
Policy responses to social exclusion : towards inclusion? / edited by Janie Percy-Smith.
Contributor(s): Percy-Smith, Janie.Publisher: Jaipur : Rawat Publications, 2000Description: viii, 244 pages ; 25 cm.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 9788131608333 (hardback) .Subject(s): Marginality, Social -- European Union countries | Social work administration -- European Union countries | European Union countries -- Social policyDDC classification: 305.560941 POL
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book||Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bangalore||305.560941 POL 011833 (Browse shelf)||Available||011833|
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1. Introduction: the contours of social exclusion / Janie Percy-Smith
2. Labour market exclusion and inclusion / Mike Campbell
3. Poverty / Tom Burden
4. Education and training / Fiona Walton
5. Social exclusion and health / Ged Moran and Mike Simpkin
6. Housing and social exclusion / Murray Hawtin and Jane Kettle
7. Access to services / Ian Sanderson
8. Political exclusion / Janie Percy-Smith
9. Urban policy and social exclusion / Jo Hutchinson
10. Responding to socially excluded groups / Tom Burden and Tricia Hamm
11. Community responses to social exclusion / Gabriel Chanan
12. Evaluating initiatives to address social exclusion / Ian Sanderson.
"This book examines current policy responses to social exclusion. It begins by asking the questions: What do we mean by social exclusion? What are the dimensions of social exclusion? How is it measured? And what are the common threads that run though contemporary policy? Each contribution addresses a different area of policy, describing the context for the intervention, examining key themes and issues and assessing the likely effectiveness of policies. The final chapter asks the question 'how should we assess the impact of policy to address social exclusion?' and then provides a possible framework for evaluation.".
"Policy Responses to Social Exclusion is recommended reading for advanced undergraduates and postgraduates on social policy, social administration and public policy courses. It will also be of interest to a wide range of policy makers and practitioners in local government, central government and voluntary agencies involved in developing and implementing policy responses to social exclusion."--BOOK JACKET.