IIHS Bangalore City Campus Library, No 197/36, 2nd Main, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore - 560080, Karnataka
+91 80-67606666 Exn. 661 | Fax +91 80-23616814 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Social work and community development : a critical practice perspective / Catherine Forde and Deborah Lynch.
By: Forde, Catherine.
Contributor(s): Lynch, Deborah.Material type: BookSeries: Reshaping social work.Publisher: London ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2015Description: xi, 188 pages ; 24 cm.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 9781137308382 (paperback).Subject(s): Social service | Community development | SOCIAL SCIENCE / Social WorkDDC classification: 307.14 FOR
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book||Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bangalore||307.14 FOR 010661 (Browse shelf)||Available||010661|
Includes bibliographical references (pages 152-176) and index.
1. Social Work and Community Development: An Introduction
2. The Influence of Policy on Social Work
3. Beyond Dominant Discourses: Challenges and Opportunities
4. Directions in Social Work Theory
5. Making Connections in Principle and Practice
6. 'Creative Activism' in Social Work Practice
7. Scaffolding Critical Practice in the Community Development Context
8. New Opportunities for Social Work Engagement with Critical Community
"At a time of growing social, economic and environmental challenge, this book offers a fresh and engaging perspective on the connections between social work and community development and on how social workers can use a community development approach to practice in critical, creative and sustainable ways. "--