IIHS Bangalore City Campus Library, No 197/36, 2nd Main, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore - 560080, Karnataka
+91 80-67606666 Exn. 661 | Fax +91 80-23616814 | email@example.com
Indian democracy : meanings and practices / edited by Rajendra Vora and Suhas Palshikar.
Contributor(s): Vora, Rajendra | Palshikar, Suhas.Material type: BookPublisher: New Delhi ; Sage Publications, 2004Description: 447 p. : 23 cm.ISBN: 0761997903 (hbk.); 9780761997900 (hbk.).Subject(s): Democracy -- India | India -- Politics and government -- 1947-DDC classification: 320.954 IND Online resources: Table of contents
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book||Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bangalore||320.954 IND 000916 (Browse shelf)||Available||000916|
Browsing Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bangalore Shelves Close shelf browser
|No cover image available|
|320.954 GUD 006725 Maoism, democracy and globalization : cross-currents in Indian politics /||320.954 GUH 010587 Democrats and dissenters /||320.954 GUP 008063 Anticipating India : the best of national interest /||320.954 IND 000916 Indian democracy : meanings and practices /||320.954 IND 002681 India : the future is now : the vision and road map for the country by her young parliamentarians /||320.954 IND 003050 Indian political thought : themes and thinkers /||320.954 IND 005025 India & global affairs /|
Includes bibliographical references and index.
. Introduction / Rajendra Vora and Suhas Palshikar
2. Issues before Indian Democracy: An Overview / Rajni Kothari
3. The Crisis of Political Authority / D. L. Sheth
4. What is Happening Inside Indian Democracy? / Javeed Alam
5. Theorizing Indian Democracy / Manoranjan Mohanty
6. Whose Democracy Are We Talking About? Hegemony and Democracy in India / Suhas Palshikar
7. Understanding Indian Politics: Are We Asking the Right Questions? / Jayant Lele
8. The Ethical Insufficiency of Egoism and Altruism: India in Transition / Rajeev Bhargava
9. Understanding Indian Secularism: Learning from its Recent Critics / Thomas Pantham
10. New Dalit Politics / Gopal Guru
11. Decline of Caste Majoritarianism in Indian Politics / Rajendra Vora
12. Rise of the BJP and Decline of the Congress: An Appraisal / V. B. Singh
13. Predicament of the Left / Sandeep Pendse
14. Increasing Fluidity in Electoral Contests: Is This Mere Anti-Incumbency? / Sanjay Kumar.
15. Social Movements in Crisis? / Rajeshwari Deshpande
16. Struggle Against Dams or Struggle for Water? Environmental Movements and the State / Gail Omvedt.