IIHS Bangalore City Campus Library, No 197/36, 2nd Main, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore - 560080, Karnataka
+91 80-67606666 Exn. 661 | Fax +91 80-23616814 | email@example.com
Reinventing public service delivery in India : selected case studies / edited by Vikram K. Chand.
Contributor(s): Chand, Vikram K.Material type: BookPublisher: New Delhi : Sage Publications, 2006Description: 404 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.ISBN: 0761934898 (hbk.); 9780761934899 (hbk.).Subject(s): Municipal services -- India -- Case studies | County services -- India -- Case studiesDDC classification: 363.6068 REI Online resources: Table of contents
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book||Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bangalore||363.6068 REI 000914 (Browse shelf)||Available||000914|
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1. Institutional innovations in public service delivery in India : cases and lessons / Vikram K. Chand
2. Promoting competition in India's telecom sector / Rahul Mukherji
3. Electronic delivery of citizen services : Andhra Pradesh's E-Seva model / Subhash Bhatnagar
4. Transforming service delivery in an Indian state : reform at the department of registration and stamps in Maharashtra / Jonathan Caseley
5. Making service delivery reforms work : the Bangalore experience / Suresh Balakrishnan
6. Rogi Kalyan Samitis : a case study of hospital reforms in Madhya Pradesh / Rajeev Sadanandan and N. Shiv Kumar
7. Rajasthan's experience in improving service delivery in education / Prema Clarke and Jyotsna Jha
8. The political economy of the public distribution system in Tamil Nadu / A. K. Venkatsubramanian
9. Human development in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka : a comparison / Sangeeta Goyal
10. Anti-corruption in India : issues and strategies / Vikram Menon.
11. Electoral finance reform : the relevance of international experience / E. Sridharan.
"This volume focuses on successful innovations in public service delivery in India and draws lessons for scaling-up and replication. It documents and analyzes eight cases of innovation in service delivery across a range of sectors in India along with two additional papers on strategies to surmount larger strategic constraints to improved service delivery." "By presenting these detailed case studies of how public services have been transformed across a range of sectors, this volume provides a deeper understanding of the key causal factors and processes involved in reform over time as well as some of the basic systemic issues that can potentially complicate the implementation of reform. This book will appeal to all those who are interested and involved in public service delivery in India, including scholars, development practitioners, NGOs, politicians, and administrators."--BOOK JACKET.